What has to be done?

any AoC-related stuff
nC_eru

What has to be done?

Post by nC_eru »

Now we are playing DE in the Zone, we see some things that maybe should be changed. Here I just want to collect what:
  • There are much more hills on Arabia than before, players often start in a crater. Adjust the RMS so this isn't that extreme anymore.
  • Laming especially stealing boars is way easier. We should discuss if we extend our No-Lame-Rule.
  • On fixed positions you can now pick you enemy or pocket. We should discuss if we want to avoid this and if yes, how.
More?
Acro17 wrote:
Mon 10. Aug 2020, 13:47
[...] auf mich tippen ist [...] sinnlos :D

link_chaos

Re: What has to be done?

Post by link_chaos »

My suggestions:
let's go all out on lames. Let laming be commonplace on nc. Every games 8 boar steals by the 4 flanks xD
and fixed positions, I would vote for limiting to who is pocket and who is flank (with nc fixedpos ara map)
hitman999 wrote:Link currently has 600 points, think he could have - 200.
nC_Snyper1 wrote:Yesterday as Pocket looked quite good.
nightmare team #1 11.11% (2/18) nC_Snyper1 + link_chaos

HomerS84

Post by HomerS84 »

- fewer hills are better than more hills. their occurrence is another factor that can make ur map fucked up and therefore unfair. I like some randomness but starting in a crater feels so depressing. combine that with fwd resc and game is over before it starts. at least it feels like it. what's the point? where is the fun in that?

- until laming gets nerfed through a further patch i think it should be forbidden. eagles and mongol-scouts are op atm.

- IMO fixed position limits the variety of this game. having always arba/plums flank and pala pocket is quite boring. adapting to non-ideal civ combinations is a skill that should be cultivated. once in a while fixed position is fun, but having it as often as normal ara is IMO a mistake in the first place. if you lower the probability of fix-posi ara, you lower the importance of this problem.
nC_$kittle_ wrote:ohne eine fundierte einschätzung von homers macht der thread eh keinen Sinn :(

nC_$kittle_

Post by nC_$kittle_ »

1) i would suggest to play the normal RM maps until someone did the job.

2) i don't like laming, but to avoid discussions and problems i would just allow it. The fewer rules, the better.

3) we just shouldnt play fixed position until the colors are fixed. Everything else
(Joining game room one after another, telling each position before, etc.) Will cause too much waiting time.

teutonic_tanks

Post by teutonic_tanks »

1) I agree with Skittle, the normal arab is very good, basically Dry_Arabia now. Also its very strange that DE arabia uses the same amount of elevation as nc version, but you get completly different results. It's easy to fix it though.

2) You have 3 ways to counter laming:
-keep your own scout infront of your boar and protect it until you took it. No enemy will ever try to lame your boar, when a scount is protecting it.
-take your boar once you scouted it and NOT min 10
-go for counter laming (lmaing his sheep/boar/vill whatever)
Therefore keep everything as it is, allow laming, but place boars 4 tiles closer to the tc than it used to be (that makes scouting the own boar/knowing if you were lamed or not easier)

3) Same as Skittle says. Wait untill devs get their shit together, then it's a work of minutes to get the map working again.

Obelix

Post by Obelix »

Both teams just write their positions at the same time, I dont see a problem for that might take 30 seconds and solves all the FP stuff.

teutonic_tanks

Post by teutonic_tanks »

Obelix wrote:
Sat 4. Jan 2020, 12:27
Both teams just write their positions at the same time, I dont see a problem for that might take 30 seconds and solves all the FP stuff.
all it needs is just that one team sleeps and doesnt write it fast enough => chaos

Obelix

Post by Obelix »

teutonic_tanks wrote:
Sat 4. Jan 2020, 13:09
Obelix wrote:
Sat 4. Jan 2020, 12:27
all it needs is just that one team sleeps and doesnt write it fast enough => chaos
We are all on Teamspeak, its no problem at all.

nC_PhilippHJS

Post by nC_PhilippHJS »

1)
nC_$kittle_ wrote:
Sat 4. Jan 2020, 10:12
i would suggest to play the normal RM maps until someone did the job.
2)
HomerS84 wrote:
Sat 4. Jan 2020, 09:16
until laming gets nerfed through a further patch i think it should be forbidden. eagles and mongol-scouts are op atm.
I would say:" Attacking opponent's boars with your scout is not allowed (in Dark Age)"

3) Choosing who plays with whom on each side shouldnt be a problem. Problem is that u can choose against which side you are gonna play. Obelix' suggestion might be an option, but I think it is enough if only the teamleaders do
scissors stone paper. But I still see the potential of problems there^^

@Obelix In theory there is no problem but in practice there is defenetly potential.
Dunedain44 wrote:Dune hat eigentlich immer recht, dem kann man blind vertrauen.

Iroh91
Noob

Post by Iroh91 »

teutonic_tanks wrote:
Sat 4. Jan 2020, 11:04
3) Same as Skittle says. Wait untill devs get their shit together, then it's a work of minutes to get the map working again.
good luck waiting
Riza wrote:
Sun 28. Apr 2019, 23:35
Koreaner sind stark
und wer sie nicht mag
liegt bald im Sarg

Return to “General Discussion”